Did anyone else in Chicago experience an earthquake tremor and tornado sirens in the same day this week? Maybe this is a good time to review disaster preparedness!
1. In the event of a tornado, which of the following does the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NOT recommend?
a. Staying in your car
b. Covering yourself with a mattress
c. Sitting in the bathtub
d. Taking the locations of upper-floor pianos and refrigerators into consideration when choosing your safe spot
2. If you're riding the subway and it catches fire, what should you do?
b. Get on the floor (watch out for urine!) to avoid the smoke
c. Pull that red emergency handle above the door, then leap from the train
d. Re-enact Tobais's "Oh my God, they're having a FIRE!...sale" audition from Arrested Development
3. Which of the following is NOT true about invasive Asian carp?
a. One was found downstream of Lake Michigan this week
b. They can weigh 100 pounds and jump 8-10 feet in the air
c. They can break through underwater electric barriers
d. Luckily, they don't reproduce very quickly
4. The tiny earthquake tremor you might have felt on Wednesday came from a 5.0 earthquake in:
a. Juneau, Alaska
b. Toronto, Ontario
c. San Diego, California
d. the Atlantic Ocean
5. This afternoon, children participating in Mayor Daley's "Fishing Chicago" program on the Chicago River could be heard shrieking in terror because:
a. They saw an Asian carp leaping out of the river
b. Someone fell in
c. A guy dressed in a creepy Subway sandwich costume approached them
d. Someone finally caught a fish, and once it came out of the water they all realized it was kind of gross looking
Answers in the comments. Photo: USFWS