1. Distressingly, a long-term study has shown that king penguins with tracking bands attached their flippers are more likely to:
b. develop infections
c. become obese
d. abandon their young
2. Testing anxiety can cause students to underperform on exams. But researchers at the University of Chicago showed that in a high-stakes test environment, both high-school and college students did better on exams when they:
a. studied less
b. wrote about their feelings for 10 minutes before the test
c. ate chocolate before the test
d. watched a film about Stephen Hawking before test
3. Daily Double!! What is this?
a. a colony of bioluminescent bacteria
b. the surface of an exoplanet
c. a picture of the universe
d. part of Fermilab's particle accelerator, which will be shut down this year
4. At a 6,000-year-old site in an Armenian cave, researchers discovered the world's oldest:
b. flower garden
5. In February, you'll be able to watch a Jeopardy match on TV between Watson, IBM's Jeopardy-playing robot, and two humans. Who won this week's demonstration match?
a. Human champion Ken Jennings, who won 74 games in a row in 2004
b. Human champion Brad Rutter, biggest all-time money winner on Jeopardy
c. The computer
d. No one, because the match was suspended when Watson froze just before Double Jeopardy
Answers are in the comments.
Image: M. Blanton and the SDSS-III